» Contact us for any query or advice under Labor/ Employment Laws.
- » If you need any update or need to be notified of the Government amendments, labor codes, or any information that directly affects your business, reach out to us for prompt and personalized assistance.
- » We also serve as an External Member in the Internal Committee (IC) constituted under the POSH ( Prevention of Sexual Harassment) Act. If you have any such requirement, you can get our Expert empaneled on your committee.
- » We also undertake compliance audits and compliance advisory services on retainer.
- » Labour Codes - Salient Features
- » Apprenticeship Rules
- » Enhancement in Funeral Expenses : ESIC Corporation has approved the proposal for increasing the Funeral Expenses from existing Rs. 10,000/- to Rs. 15,000/- being paid on the death of Insured Person.(Click here for more detail)
- » PUNISHMENT OF DISMISSAL – WHEN PROPER
In one case the workman committed misconduct of abusing superior officer of the company in vulgar and filthy language and extended threat. After enquiry, his services were dismissed. He raised an industrial dispute. Tribunal modified the punishment withholding of four annual increments and denied back wages. Management challenged the award in writ petition. The High Court held that misconduct committed by workman is grave and serious that too without provocation, punishment of dismissal is proper. Interference by Industrial Tribunal in quantum of punishment is misplaced sympathy. Hence, petition filed by management is allowed.
Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd. vs. The Presiding officer, Addl. Industrial Tribunal-cum-Addl. Labour Court, Hyderabad & Ors., 2013 LLR 599.
- » MAKING AN ADVOCATE MEMBER OF INTERNAL COMPLAINT COMMITTEE – NOT ILLEGAL
Petitioner was law officer, She filed complaint of sexual harassment against four employees including two female employees. She was also transferred from the branch where alleged perpetrators were working in compliance of provisions of Section 12 of the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013. Counsel of respondent took stand that vide order dated 1107.2018 the internal Committee has been reconstituted by including Mrs.Ritu Punj, Advocate, an outside member which meets the requirement of Section 4 of the Act. Held, by appointment of Mrs. Ritu Punj, Advocate, the IC has become proper to hold the enquiry.
Neelam Bhardwaj vs. State of Punjab & Ors., 2018 LLR 1286 (P&H, HC).